Sunday, 14 April 2013

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L'Exuberante and #43 La Favorite


When Chanel's SS 2013 collection of Rouge Allure Velvet lipsticks came out earlier this year, my initial reaction was, the colours are all too bright for me. Since then I have read review after review how great they are. My last Chanel lip product was absolutely years ago (Crystalle gloss in Candy Melon - my favourite orangy lipgloss - which was sadly discontinued). When I've finally decided to give Rouge Allure Velvets a try, I was shocked to find out all of my local Chanel counters are out of stock as they are so popular! I was lucky to pick up two very popular colours on my trip to Beijing last month at Beijing airport.

#37 L'Exuberante is a blue-toned bright pink that brightens up the whole complexion.

#43 La Favorite is a soft coral that's a blend of pinky red and warm orange.

As the name Velvet suggests they are almost completely matte with just a tiny tiny hint of sheen, absolutely no glitters or shimmers. Colours are vibrant, bright, colour pay off is very good. As with all matte lipsticks, sometimes it can be a bit tricky to apply evenly across whole lip but I found that if you've prepped your lips well with balm it shouldn't be too much of a problem. They are also very long-lasting, I wear them at work and through those numerous cups of tea and lunch I pretty much only need to re-apply once towards end of day.

I have to say though they are rather drying. Not so much as the Revlon Velvets but my lips became just a tad flakey than I'd preferred.

#43 La Favorite has to be my favourite (pun unintentional), I like this toned-down version of a warm red that's easy to wear yet doesn't make my complexion looking muddy and tired if you know what I mean. I normally do not wear matte lippies but I have found myself reaching them more often than my other lip products. Colours are great for Spring and Summer and goes well with floral outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...